Chipped Tooth Treatment San Antonio TX
Have you ever noticed that the ice cube in your soft drink or the chilled chocolate is taken out right from your refrigerator can give birth to the sensitivity on your teeth? It does not dissolve, or melt as it should but brings a sick feeling along with and gives you a broken tooth.
Causes of chipped teeth
There can be numerous reasons which may arise the reason behind the chipped teeth:
- Stop biting upon an icy substance or candies that can harm your teeth
- Car accidents can cause chipped teeth or any fallouts
- A lot of people have a habit of grinding their teeth while sleeping
Risk factors for chipped teeth
- The probability of chipping is much higher in weaker teeth as compared with the strong ones. A few of the factors that reduce the strength of a tooth consists of:
- The grinding of your teeth can tear off the strong enamel
- Consumption of food that is rich in acids such as fruit juices, spicy foods, coffee, etc. It might expose the surface of the teeth.
- Huge fillings can weaken your teeth and increase the risk of cavities.
- Strong reflux of acid or a heat burn can give birth to acid in the stomach, which later goes in your mouth. It can also damage the tooth enamel.
- Use of excessive alcohol or an eating disorder like vomiting can produce the acid outside.
- When you consume sugary foods, it produces bacteria in your mouth, and that can erode the enamel.
Glide some olive oil on the gums that are giving you the pain. This will numb the part and pain will be released in some time. You can avoid chewing from the chipped tooth.
A chipped tooth can happen to any individual. There are a variety of dental procedures that can help successfully treat this injury. While it is not considered as an emergency, but the sooner you get it treated, the better it is to curb off any chances of limiting any dental problems.