Cavity Treatment San Antonio TX
What is a cavity?
Have you ever seen a minor tooth decay that grows bigger and bigger? So much so, that it forms a hole in your tooth.
When it is left untouched, it can cause a significant problem to the neighbouring teeth and gums. Yes, it is hard to realise that the problem is there or is arising because it is pain-free initially. One can not predict the decay. However, it is suggested to go for regular dental check-ups!
Cavities are the most common health problems that are found in adults and babies. It might sound like a surprise, but good oral hygiene comes as a ‘no-brainer’ to maintain. This stands true to keep up with your oral hygiene routine. If you can have an excellent dental regime, this will help in the prevention of the new cavities.
The early symptoms of tooth cavities are:-
- You feel sensitivity in your tooth
- You can see a hole in your teeth, and it is quite visible!
- Your teeth have a white/black stain
- Sometimes, it can give birth to pain.
Causes of tooth cavities:-
The main factors of tooth decay are the high amounts of sugar in amalgamation with starch, and another one is the bacteria in the mouth. When you consume foods that have high quantity of sugars, it gets combined with the saliva inside and gives birth to a sticky substance, known as plague. It gets attached to your teeth. It can also create a tartar or calculus.
The risk factors may involve:
- Consumption of high-sugar food and drinks,
- The poor dental regime, like no brush-and-floss twice a day,
- Dry mouth,
- Eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia, and
- Disease with regards to acid reflux which results in irritation in the stomach.
How can you prevent tooth decay?
- Brush your teeth with the help of a toothpaste that has fluoride. It will be much better if you can brush after every meal and before you go for a snooze.
- Don’t forget to floss your teeth daily and rinse using a mouthwash later on!
- Nutritious meals are a big ‘YES’! Avoid carbs as much as you can, and if you start having a craving and are unable to ignore them, don’t forget to brush right after as the sticky foods can remain on the surface.
Book your appointments today! Don’t forget to visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and take the oral exams.